Monday, September 5, 2011

Shake Shack - New York City











One tends to ignore most comparisons to In-and-Out, since most people on the East coast simply haven't had an In-an-Out Burger. And, though I love them, they weren't exactly the culinary mecca on the west coast for me personally. Not because I didn't enjoy them, but most because there were many other places that are higher on the list. I mean, I go straight to El Cuervo Taco Shop on Washington St. when I get off the plane in San Diego. And I mean straight...

But, when multiple people (from all over the country) are suggesting a place spontaneously, one tends to listen a bit more closely... especially if the friends have already scored a huge hit off your normal radar (See Hampton Chutney). So... we have AJ to thank again.



New Yorkers, and those who work near the World Trade Center site are just chuckling... since this is their normal lunch time place, and I'm jealous. Five Guys has awesome burgers, but add that to an awesome shake - now that is a cardiologist convention's nightmare.  A perfect "power" lunch... sorta makes you feel like someone important amongst all those big important bankers (j/k). 










No comments:

Post a Comment